Postpaid Roaming allows you to use your mobile voice, text and data services whilst abroad with no deposits required. Activate roaming on MyCare or visit any Cable & Wireless Customer Service centre before you travel.
Postpaid Roaming Features
Making and receiving calls to or from home country, visited country or any other country in the world, while travelling abroad
Sending and receiving text messages to or from home country, visited country or any other country in the world, while travelling abroad
Reading and replying to emails, mobile applications such as location-based services (Google maps), language translators, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. while travelling abroad
What are the benefits of the postpaid roaming?
- Postpaid Roaming allows you to continue using your Mobile services while visiting another country without having to change your SIM card or mobile device.
- If you are a postpaid mobile subscriber, all charges incurred abroad will be converted into Seychelles Rupees and invoiced to you on your bill.
- You will have access to all the mobile services that you use at home (voice, SMS, data), provided that the visited network supports these services.
How to activate and de-activate postpaid roaming feature?
Activate roaming via MyCare or visit any Cable & Wireless Customer Service Centre before you travel and have your postpaid account activated for Roaming.
Business customers may send an email or contact your respective Account Executive for the activation or deactivation of postpaid roaming.
How to select the operator network when roaming?Your phone can be set to:
Select automatically - if your phone network selection is set to automatic, it will automatically register with an available network. You can then use roaming services once connected to the network.
Select manually - your phone will scan all available networks and you will need to manually select a network. If Cable and Wireless is not a roaming partner of your chosen network, your mobile screen will display ‘FORBIDDEN NETWORK’, ‘ACCESS DENIED’ or a ‘NO ENTRY’ symbol. In this case you will have to select another network and you can then use roaming services once connected to your preferred network.
To manually select the operator network for:
Go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Select the network you desire.
Go to Settings > Carrier > click on Automatic (to change the mode to Manual) > Select the network you desire.
Prior to your travel, it is advisable to check our roaming partners:
Tips On Managing Your Postpaid Roaming Before Going Overseas:
- If you intend to use your GSM mobile services while overseas, check for more information on our postpaid roaming partners.
- Some apps (e.g. Facebook) may continually send and receive data notifications unless you switch this function OFF. Check the apps on your smartphone.
- Turn off Automatic updates using your settings menu, adjust each application for Manual update.
- Adjust your smartphone’s settings to avoid incurring unexpected charges e.g. you may want to change your email settings to "pull" emails manually, rather than have them automatically "pushed" to your mobile, so you can control your data usage, OR switch OFF your email notifications.
- If you wish to block your data roaming limit, go to MyCare > Settings > Overage settings > Change Settings > manage Roaming Overage > Input your limit > Click block (to note that the limit is Seychelles Rupees (SCR)).
- If you wish to monitor your data roaming usage, go to MyCare > Usage > Data > refer to data roaming usage. This will only display the Volume of data consumed and not the amount.
- If you don’t want to incur high data roaming charges, you can set a limit block for your data roaming on MyCare. Go to MyCare > Settings > Change settings > Data roaming > Set your limit
- Simply TURN OFF your Data services on your smartphone by following the below instructions. However, in this instance only Voice and SMS will be accessible while roaming.
- For Android phone select - Settings > Connection > Mobile Network and ensure data Service is OFF while roaming.
- For iOS phone select – Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options and ensure data roaming is OFF.
- If you don’t want to use roaming services abroad, then you can enable airplane / flight mode on your device. However, when airplane / flight mode is enabled, cellular service – both voice and data are turned off as well as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and other location services.
- Note when you are connected on roaming network, you may get various SMS/USSD messages prompted by the roaming network for you to use their services. However, some of these services may be free while others get charged at roaming rates and you should make note of this.
- Note incoming calls from Seychelles whilst you are roaming overseas will be subject to roaming incoming charges as well as postpaid outgoing charges to the roamed destination country.
- Note making calls within the visited country will be charged at roaming call rates
As new roaming agreements are rolled-out on a regular basis, it is advised to check for details on roaming rates and partners prior to your travel.
Postpaid Roaming - Frequently Asked Questions
You may apply for International Roaming on MyCare or visit any Cable & Wireless Customer Service Centre.
No, you do not need to pay a deposit.
Simply make an international call back to Seychelles to access your mailbox by dialling +248 4303906 Then enter your mobile phone number, press #, followed by your Cable Voicemail password and press # again. Note that you will be charged for this international call.
As Caller ID information is not internationally exchanged and standardised, you will not usually see you caller ID's number while roaming, although some operators allow for this.